Originally funded by the National Science Foundation
Join » Right For You?
Is River City Right For You?
All middle grades (6-9) teachers are invited to participate in the River City Project. Although we traditionally work with science teachers, we have worked with social studies, math, and language arts teachers with much success. As long as schools and teachers that are interested in participating in the project and can meet the six requirements listed below, we are interested in working with them.
- Teachers need to implement River City with at least 10 students.
- From start to finish, the project requires approximately 14 to 20 hours (2-4 weeks) to complete.
- Every student needs a computer (a PC, not a Mac) to work in the River City simulation.
- Teachers should agree to work on the River City Project with students continuously from start to finish, or at least 4-5 class periods each week, avoiding long vacation breaks (e.g., winter break; spring break).
- The River City software must work on all the PCs teachers and students will use. There are specific technology requirements for running the River City simulation. Teachers and their technology coordinators must review the documents below and compare them with the resources in their classroom/school.
- All teachers must go through the online River City training before they can begin using the River City curriculum.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Nos. 9980464, 0296001, 0202543, 0310188, and 0532446. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.